viernes, 23 de noviembre de 2012

Guilt-free morning

So let's talk food... Given the fact I have an entire album on my iPhoto dedicated to 'food', I thought I might as well do a post on food.

Having a 'rawfoodist' as a housemate unconsciously narrows down your meals to salads, and basically fresh stuff. And while we certainly all love our salads, sometimes we still want to give ourselves a little treat, but then again, without cheating too much... Right?

How many times have you woken up wishing you could have pancakes, but then you felt too guilty (and lazy!) to make them, and gave up? Well, not anymore. This recipe brings you all the good qualities of this typical American delight, while remaining healthy, simple and guilt-free.



For the pancakes, you'll need:

1 egg
1 banana

Yes, that's it.

Whisk it together, pour it into a hot pan (I would add a little bit of olive oil/butter so that your pancake mix wouldn't stick to the pan) and start making your pancakes like you normally would.

Add a little bit of cinnamon into the mixture to give it that extra flavour, and maybe top it all with a little bit of agave nectar. My mouth is watering only thinking about it. 

Now, I'm pretty sure you've spot that nice green smoothie on the picture...
Well, then be prepared to be blown away by this super tasty easy to do smoothie. I drink it everyday, and I must say, it definitely brightens up my mood during these cold dark winter mornings!

You'll need:

1 banana
1 pear
200 ml of rice milk or water (the rice milk will give the smoothie a sweeter taste)
1 table spoon of almond butter 
A good amount of parsley

Blend it, and voilà. How simple is that?

If you're interested in more recipes of this kind, be sure to check out nutritionist Teresa Fernández-Gil's book, website, everything. Most of my now go-to recipes come straight out of her book that my mum kindly gave to me. I hear she is now in the process of writing another book targeted to students... I literally can't wait to see it and try out every single recipe in it. 



Bon appétit! 


1 comentario:

  1. Mil gracias Elena. So chic! I'll reserve the very first copy of my new book to you!!

    ResponderEliminar