martes, 25 de septiembre de 2012

One palette. One look.

So, after "introducing" the blog with that nonsense post I did a few days ago, I figured it was about time to do a decent blogpost... just for the sake of this whole blog (how many times have I repeated the word 'blog' again?).

Anyway. Let's start once and for all.

I guess depending on where you live, fall starts at a different time. For me, I feel like it started when I came back from sunny, warm Spain. The moment you feel like the weather asks you to take the cosy sweaters out of your closet, it probably is because fall is just around the corner.

Luckily, when we talk about fall, we are not only talking about the season. Fall means layers (of course), but it also means the transition from summer to winter, in which yes, colours are not as bright, but haven't faded yet.

Fall means scarfs, boots, tights, ballerinas... It is the only season in which wearing sandals with a winter hat may not seem as strange (please.... don't do it).

We all make the transition when "our" weather asks us to. Some made the transition a long time ago, when the majority of us were peacefully sunbathing at the beach. Others, however, are now making it *cough* *cough*, while others are still enjoying their last (yes, last) moments of summer.

So yes, although fall is a versatile season for fashion, it still has certain conditions. But makeup? What about makeup? We don't need a cold weather to rock a smokey eye, right?

Good thing is, as well as fashion, makeup also has certain colours and looks that pair well with certain seasons. However, contrary to fashion, it does not depend that much on the weather. Hence we are the ones who decide whether we want to opt for a darker fall look or keep rocking the summer au naturel look.

As much as I like not wearing makeup during the summer, or at least opting for a minimal makeup when necessary, I also enjoy giving more depth to my eyes and my look in general. It puts me in the mood for fall and I guess cold weather?

OK, who am I kidding? I'm never going to be in a good mood for any kind of cold weather. I like my sun and my 20 degrees (minimum!).

But oh well, I might as well just get used to it.

And in the spirit of welcoming the new season, what better way than to get inspired by a fall makeup look?




I would like to thank my gorgeous friend Clara, who kindly agreed to film this video, despite the cold that she had at the time!

Also, I would like to point out the fact that I really, really thought I was gentle when applying makeup to someone that wasn't me... Well, turns out 'gentle' is probably not the right word, is it?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario